Intellectual Property Guidelines
The GLEN and its collaboration website is optimized to support new ideas and product creation,
bridging between open source and proprietary approaches. To have this system work, members
MUST comply with the following rules for the respect of Intellectual Property. Breaking these
rules will result in suspension of membership. Disputed cases will be resolved by the co-
directors of the GLEN.
- Legally, ideas and concepts themselves are not subject to copyright. Ideas and concepts expressed within the GLEN (including on its websites and forums) are available for members to use in their own work and products.
- The SPECIFIC images, trade names, models, diagrams, charts, and text are considered copyrighted by their creators and CANNOT be duplicated directly or in member products without written permission from the designated authors, unless they carry a creative commons license (see #6 below).
- If authors agree to allow their work to be reproduced, COPYRIGHT and AUTHOR identifications must be included.
- Cutting and pasting comments from specific individuals into other publications and communications outside the GLEN platform is NOT allowed without permission. Quoted text identifying specific members by name is allowed only with written permission, unless it is included in a document carrying a creative commons license (see #6 below).
- Collaboration teams can establish special rules for creations that have involved teams of people, and should indicate any additional requirements on the material.
- Any material licensed under a Creative Commons License or open source license would need to have the specific license applied to it clearly identified. All further use and distribution of that material will be governed by the specific license applied to that material. A creator can choose from a variety of available licenses. In most this would be a creative commons licenses. If something is in computer code rather than human-readable, it might use an open source software license. We will develop further support for this choice as we evolve.
- Members who invest resources in creating specific products using ideas from the GLEN may establish copyrights for the specific products, but NOT exclusive access to the concepts and ideas.
c/o The Grove Consultants International
275 Bel Marin Keys, Suite B
Novato, CA 94949